Just in time for the new year!!
So I found an interesting entry in my journal today. Well, interesting to me at least. Thought I’d share it. It pertains to the purpose and goal of my life. What I hope to be and what I hope to do. I may not have written it thinking about God’s will for me, but as I sit and read it now I realize that it must be, at least some what.
LIFE PURPOSES: WHAT I HOPE TO BE
- A Godly woman; yet reachable–knowable–I want to show others that you can be human and still be godly; still abide by God’s laws. I do not want to be considered stuffy or pushy. I want others to see God’s light in me and know that they can have it too, even though we fail sometimes.
- I will be a Christian that almost anyone can feel they can talk to freely/ confide in without fear of judgment/ ask me about my life and why I choose God.
- I want my unpleasant characteristics to be crucified as much as is possible and I want my attitude and life to give the Lord pleasure.
LIFE GOALS: WHAT I HOPE TO DO
- Find out and hold to who I am as God wants me to be.
- I will be a glory to my Husband; a credit to him. I want for him to be proud of me. I want to be valuable to him.
- Help my girls grow into confident, spiritual, fruitful women.
- Grow more spiritually acquainted with God.
- Be prudent and wise in all things as a wife so that we don’t have to be penny-pinchers when we retire.
- To write something that shares my experiences with those who God chooses.
- Have a successful blog/art/writing. Not necessarily monetarily speaking.
- To keep an always clean, always tidy home.
- Be a better homemaker. Make our home more of a sanctuary that everyone wants to come home to.
What a good reminder this is going to be for me.
Happy New Year Everyone!